- Germany: Paulaner Hefeweizen (South German Style Hefeweizen)
- Belgium: Grimbergen Blonde (Belgian Style Pale Strong Ale)
- Scotland: Bitter & Twisted (Classic English Style Pale Ale)
- Great Britain: Meantime IPA (English Style India Pale Ale)
- Belgium: Chimay Grande Reserve/Chimay Bleu (Belgian Dark Strong Ale)
- Sri Lanka: Lion Stout (Foreign/Export Stout)
- United States: Three Philosophers Belgian Style Blend (Quad-Lambic)
We discussed each in terms of appearance, aroma, taste, mouthfeel, and overall impression. I provided rating sheets for those that wanted to take notes. Every beer seemed to be liked by someone. The Hefeweizen by few and the Bitter & Twisted by many. The Stout went over very well as did the Three Philosophers.
I have been to a lot of tastings and they are all about the beer to some degree. Most are put on by bars which charge $25 to $30 to as many as they can get. The discussion gets lost out in those usually being dominated by a few, but they are still fun. I really liked this approach with only 10 guests. Almost everyone asked questions or commented. I hope to do more and would prefer the smaller intimate setting like this one.